Saturday, April 6, 2013

All Thumbs

On opening day (Thursday, 4/4), I dislocated my right thumb, tearing tendons and ligaments. It requires a splint for 2-4 weeks and will take 3-6 weeks to heal.

How did it happen, you ask? It wasn't anything fun or exciting like diving after a volley ball or hang gliding off a cliff. I slammed my own thumb in the rear car door while hurrying into a restaurant on our quickie anniversary date. Yep, slammed my own thumb... in a car door.

What was supposed to be a prelude to our big weekend anniversary plans, was instead a very painful trip to the ER while trying to keep any outbursts of pain silenced for Little Bean's sake. No baby wants to see her Mommy in pain. I relocated the thumb myself and I admit I cried... a lot... but I kept as cool as possible while my husband stared with disbelief and worry and Little Bean seemed utterly confused.

My first coherent thought was "How in the world am I going to create for my boutique now???" I'll have some help from my husband for another week, but after that, I'm mostly on my own. Things will be moving very slowly for the next 3-6 weeks, but I hope you will all stick with me. Together, we can help Little Bean Designs accomplish big things! Thank you fhor your continued support and encouragement!

On a brighter note, Little Bean will be participating in its very first Trade show!!! On June 15th, Little Bean will participate in The Falls Gift & Trade Show at the MPEC in Wichita Falls, TX. If you're local to the area, come see all of Little Bean's treasures in person and browse at least a dozen other vendors, all local businesses, in one location! RSVP to the Facebook Event page for more information and up-to-date vendor listing!